Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution means storing and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's explore them. Thus, you can conclude what you need, based on whether you wish to own a web site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain companies, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting packages often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incorrect explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the workload between different bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share an enormous quantity of images with friends or associates since the solution is typically free. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your mail accounts. Some corporations provide site hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you wish to have an email address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video files as you would like without bothering about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At -Iclick2- Web Hosting and Cloud Service, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content solely.